Reading List 4
6 links from my bookmarks, in no particular order:
- ∞.js: a UITableView for the web: it speeds up scrolling through long lists and keeps your infinite feeds smooth and stable for your users by the kind folks at AirBnB
- Milwaukee Police News: an interesting take on web design for an institutional site, showcasing scrolling parallax effects. As usual, please be careful when you use large graphic elements (as the scrolling background images in this case) as they can distract the reader from the actual content. But you knew that already, right?
- Top request For the Web Platform? A Google Moderator poll on what features we might like to see become ubiquitous on the Web. I gathered a few votes on my one entry, and one response from Paul Irish himself – see if you can find me.
- 25 Free iOS Design Resources: because you know you are a designer, and you have to get into the Mobile Platform, right?
- Pinterest: Devops is hard, but do it anyway: if the people behind one of the most successful stories of the last 2 years say so, it’s probably worth reading a bit more about it, no?
- 4 Geek Laws That Rule Our World: as a Software and Technology Professional, you’re probably familiar with these 4, but it’s good to see how they apply to other contexts. Also, it clearly states Brooks’ Law (“Adding manpower to a late software project makes it later”) so it’s a handy bookmark to save for future reference. You know, when/if you are ever tempted to throw in more people (don’t! You’re doing it wrong)